- D.C. is geographically accessible! Philly? NYC? Richmond? Baltimore? Frederick? Silver Spring? You know you want to come visit.
- D.C. is filled with intellectual types who want to come to a meeting and melding of minds. Yes, we want to meld your mind.
- D.C. is a historic epicenter of punk and riot grrrl life. There used to even be an infoshop somewhere here… let’s rediscover that heritage, or at least all come out of the woodwork to hang out with each other.
- D.C. (well, Bethesda) is the home of the Small Press Expo, which isn’t super friendly to super small press. So this would be like a small small press expo. Where we don’t charge you to come look at stuff. (What do all the people who go to SPX do when they’re not at SPX? Why is SPX in D.C. if we don’t have some secret underground society of awesome self-publishing artists, writers, and comic book nerds?)
- The economy is screwed, we’re all un- or under- employed, might as well make some zines!
- Some of us travel all over the place to zinefests, and we’re lazy and want y’all to come here for once.
- D.C. doesn’t have statehood, and we’re taxed without representation. We don’t have a voice in the government, but we have a voice in zines!
- This will give you an excuse to make that zine of excerpts from your 7th grade diary that you’ve been planning on making for the past 5 years (yes we want to hear about your crush on Jordan Knight, we also think he’s dreamy).
- Has there ever been a zine fest in D.C.? No seriously, we don’t know and we’d like to.
- Because every time we mention the possibility in public, people get excited.
❤ J.Bee & Guy